Share | 

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Since we have all vets in the League of Legends, we are going to make the league a little spicier. This is how the big dogs roll:

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws:

-You can choose to keep 0, 1, 2 and up to 3 keepers.

-We will hold a pre-draft, keeper draft for those that keep less than 3. Another words you don't have to keep anyone if you choose and are able to pick from the remaining players after everyone claims their keepers in a draft type setting.

-Deadline for declaring your 2011 keepers will be after training camp and before preseason. Exact date to be announced.

-You lose the round(s) that your keeper(s) was selected the previous season. ex. If you keep a 2010 yahoo ranked 1st rounder, you lose that round in the draft. If you keep a late rounder that turned into a stud, you lose the round he was valued at 2010 preseason. Player value will be determined by the previous preseason yahoo ranking.

-New teams for next season (if we lose anyone) will automatically take the vacant position in the draft.

-Order of draft will be the opposite of regular season standings. Same for the pre-draft keeper draft if any.

-Order of Waiver wire will be opposite of draft.

Miscellaneous:

-We are planning a live draft and shindig for 2011 to be held in Indianapolis.

-To up the ante', there will be some type of fee and payout for next year. We will vote on that later.

(all questions comments, suggestions are welcome. use this thread please.)

All-Pro
All-Pro

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 am

ok, sooo.........

how does the pre-draft keeper draft work? do we select the players that we want to keep, and then everyone will draft out of the remainding players that were left on our teams from this year, and then another draft to fill out rosters with the rest of the players in the nfl who werent on anyone's team as of the end of this season???

also, rather than going off of yahoo's pre-draft rankings for the rounds that we lose, can we just lose the round in which we actually drafted that player?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 am

Yes to your first paragraph.

Lets think about and discuss your second question.

I just laid down some laws that I think would be best. As always I see this league as a democracy so whatever we all decide is cool by me. If you guys have ideas, toss'em out.

One thing we haven't revisited is auction vs snake draft.....

Football God
Football God

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 am

To be frank, I don't like a lot of them. Let's make it simple:

I like that you can keep 0,1,2, or 3 players. I don't think we need to mess with drafts, predrafts, keeper drafts or anything like that. Let's have 1 draft.

Why mess with preseason ranks and what would that help anyways? How would someone determine what draft round you would lose with that info? Let's just lose the round that you drafted that player in the previous year. I like that.

I think that it is getting too complicated. Keep it simple. Just my 2 cents.

Ry

Touchdown, King
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Quote :
To be frank, I don't like a lot of them.

Great feedback except for the I hate everything, thing Smile

What's a lot? There are really only a few change from any typical keeper league.

You said you like the keep 0-1-2-3. ok cool

Quote :
I don't think we need to mess with drafts, predrafts, keeper drafts or anything like that. Let's have 1 draft.

What mess? We have to have a draft. As for the Keeper draft...Were talking 10 minutes before the main draft. You pick you top 1-2-3 keepers if you haven't already declared them. Most will have declared their 3. It would be fun and competitive. The others have to start with 3 as well right? How do you suggest we do it? Definitely open to a better way of choosing keepers.

Not sure what you mean by
Quote :
"Why mess with preseason ranks and what would that help anyways?"
It will be the 2011 draft. You lose the round that the player was ranked by our game keeper yahoo the previous draft hence "preseason of the previous year".

Quote :

Let's just lose the round that you drafted that player in the previous year.

Most leagues do it this way. I thought it would be easier to access the last year rankings rather than relying on a sometimes inaccurate draft order. I have no problem doing it based on actual draft order.

Quote :

I think that it is getting too complicated. Keep it simple.

We are all vet's. It's not really that complicated.

Football God
Football God

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 pm

I was cornfused with the Keeper Draft thing...If it is just people picking their keepers then that's cool. But isn't that what the deadline for claiming your keepers is for? That way we would know who is in the league and not. They must sign up for the league and post a message saying whether or not they are keeping players, and who it will be.

I have read this comment over and over and still don';t understand:

"It will be the 2011 draft. You lose the round that the player was ranked by our game keeper yahoo the previous draft hence "preseason of the previous year"

I don't get how you would get a round that a person would lose out of a ranking. Like what "round" would the Arian Foster owner be losing if they chose to keep him. What about the Peyton Hillis owner? He didn't go drafted. What about waiver additions like Mike Vick?

What about just keeping whatever players and then drafting? I guess the optional keepers would get in the way of that, but I think that is the most clear cut.

Touchdown, King
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm

The deadline for claiming your keeper is the cut-off for claiming your 0-1-2-3 players from your end of the year (2010) roster. It is done online by the owner anytime post season and up to the deadline.

Any player that isn't claimed by the deadline is sent to waivers (which is locked).

Immediately before the draft we have a keeper draft for those that didn't keep all 3 keepers from their roster. You will have the opportunity to fill your first 3 roster positions from whatever is in the pool of players. As with the standard draft it will be a snake with reverse order of standings.

I think the fact that I am calling it a "keeper" draft is a bit confusing as those players aren't in actuality keepers. It's just so all teams start out with their 3.

Like I said, I agree we can lose the round the player was drafted to your team the previous year rather than the rankings.

PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws   

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2011-2012 Keepers, Draft and Waiver Bylaws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GOAT DYNASTY :: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS 2010-
Jump to: